The Train of Le Massif de Charlevoix, which will be put into service in September, 9th, will be the only train in the world visitors will enjoy most because it will travel about 140 km between Québec City and La Malbaie. The tour of the Train of Le Massif de Charlevoix will pass by very beautiful rivers, mountains and seashores. The Train of Le Massif de Charlevoix journey is about 7 hours long, when travelers will admire rare exposure to breathtaking vistas, discovering the region’s history, its culture and hidden treasures over a lunch fragrant with regional flavours, and entertained with a multimedia presentation. The Train of Le Massif de Charlevoix consists of entirely restored railcars transformed into genuine panoramic vehicles. The train will accommodate 272 passengers, who will be also delighted by the gastronomy adventure – a three-course gourmet lunch and a lovely four-course dinner. By late Fall 2011, eight refurbished railcars will accommodate a total of 528 passengers.
Rail Cruise Departures & Stopovers
• Fall 2011: 140 km shoreline rail cruise between Québec
City and La Malbaie;
-25 guaranteed departures;
-Three-hour stopover in La Malbaie.
• Stopovers scheduled for 2012:
-The Mountain in Petite-Rivière-Saint-François;
-The Farm in Baie-Saint-Paul.
Period and schedule of service, Fall 2011
September and October 2011
10:00am………………Departure from Parc de la Chute-Montmorency
1:30pm………………..Stopover in La Malbaie
1:30pm to 4:30pm…..Discovery of La Malbaie and its surroundings
4:30pm………………..Departure from La Malbaie
8:00pm………………..Arrival at Parc de la
2011 Fall Rates:
• Adults (18+): $249
• Children (6-17): $199
• 5 yrs & under: Free
• Two-way rail cruise between Québec City and La Malbaie;
• Three-course lunch on mid-morning rail cruise;
• Four-course gastronomic dinner on return rail cruise;
• Audio-visual features and interactive entertainment throughout the journey.
• Corporate & association packages;
• Business meeting & convention packages.
Rolling Stock Configuration
• Two 1800 hp RS-18 locomotives;
• Two Caterpillar generator engines also serving as baggage cars;
• Eight entirely refurbished Pullman Standard railcars* with individual kitchen facilities:
-Six railcars each accommodating 68 passengers;
-Two adapted cab cars each accommodating a maximum of 60 passengers, for guests with reduced mobility**.
• Overall capacity: 528 passengers*;
• Design team: Morelli Designers & Groupe Le Massif Inc.;
• Operated by: Train touristique de Charlevoix inc., a subsidiairy of Groupe Le Massif Inc.;
• Railcar renovations & refurbishment: Centre de
Réalisation d’Outils Innovateurs (C.R.O.I.).
* By late Fall 2011.
** By late September 2011.
• By telephone, at 418-632-5876 / 1-877-536-2774;
• At The Farm in Baie-Saint-Paul, by Winter 2011-12.
Point of sale for promotional articles:
• Parc de la Chute-Montmorency